Gombe state Governor, Alhaji Muhammadu Inuwa Yahaya has approved the constitution of a committee to assess damages done as a result of the crisis in Billiri local government area.
The Secretary to the State Government, Professor Ibrahim Abubakar Njodi who conveyed the Governor’s approval, said the committee’s terms of reference include identifying number of lives lost and their identity; assessing and establishing the cost implication of the damaged structures/property; identifying the persons whose structures/property were damaged or destroyed and identifying number of persons displaced to ascertain resettlement in their respective communities. The Committee is also mandated to make any other recommendations incidental to the assignment.
According to the statement by the SSG, the Commissioner,
Ministry of Intermal Security & Ethical Orientation is to serve as Chairman while the following are to serve as members:-
2. Attorney-General/Honourable Commissioner
Ministry of Justice Gombe State
3. Honourable Commissioner Ministry of Housing & Urban Development
4. The Commissioner of Police, Gombe State Police Command
5. The Director of State Services, Department of State Services
6. The Commandant Civil Defence Corps
7. Chairperson of Billiri Local Government Council
8. The Director State Fire Services
9. Rev, Abare Kalla (Christian Association of Nigeria)
10. Dr. Tahir Inuwa (Council of Ulama)
11. Representative of Civil Society Organisations
12. The Director General, Joint Projects Development Agency
13. Permanent Secretary, Special Services & Political Affairs is to serve as Secretary
The committee has 14 days to undertake the assignment and submit report to government.