The Kwara Chamber of Commerce, Industry, Mines and Agriculture (KWACCIMA) has elected the first female President in its over 50yrs of existence in a well attended 53rd Annual General Meeting of the Chamber held in Ilorin.
The meeting was attended by heads of various companies and captains of industry in Kwara State including Alh Jani Ibrahim of Lubcon Industry and Chief Hezekiah Adediji Chairman of Padson Industries Ltd.
Ronke Adeyemi, a lawyer by profession emerged as the President of the Chamber while other elected officials are:
● Engr. Abu Salami: 1st Deputy President
● Alh Ibrahim Hassan Sani: 2nd Deputy President
● Prince Ayo Ajisefini: Vice President Agric
● Chukwuemeka Cletus Udoka: Vice President Commerce
● Alhaji Yinka Yahaya: Vice President Industry
● Olugbenga Adebowale Ajala: Vice President Mines.
● Barr. Abiodun Dada: Vice President Finance and Professional Practices
● Alhaja Zubair Zururat Romoke: Vice President Cooperative and informal Sector
● Bolarinwa Sadiq Abiodun: Treasurer
● Barr. Rotimi Oyagbola: Legal Adviser
● Damilola Amao: PRO
In her acceptance speech Adeyemi assured the members of the readiness of her team to build on the strong foundation already laid by her predecessors in office and take the Chamber to a higher level during her tenure. She implored all members to cooperate with her to give a new face to the business sector in Kwara State.
Various members expressed their delight on the emergence of Adeyemi as the first female President of the chamber which was established in 1965 and urged her to bring her acclaimed golden touch and administrative acumen into the running of the affairs of Kwaccima.
A seasoned legal practitioner, Mrs Ronke Adeyemi is the principal partner of Ronke Adeyemi & Co., Director of Real Meggs Ventures, Director of Shallom-Edge Nig. Ltd, Director in Chesterfield farms, Executive Director of Mainstay Foundation as well as the Chairman of the Board of Directors of Legalmatrix Support Services Ltd.
She is a former vice chairman of NBA Ilorin Branch, Chairperson of International Federation of Women Lawyers and Member of Chartered Institute of Arbitrators (UK)
She is a lawyer, an entrepreneur and a farmer.